right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Icelandic Heritage and College Applications

jrubinjrubin 1 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5 New Member
Hello,
I was wondering if my Icelandic heritage could be of any help to my application. My whole mother's side is from Iceland. I have a deep connection to Iceland and being Icelandic something I'm very proud of. I am also wanting to get an internship there this summer (I'm a junior now).

What do you think?

Thanks!
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Icelandic Heritage and College Applications

• GMTplus7GMTplus7 14270 replies297 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 14,567 Senior Member
    There's no "Icelandic" box to tick on tbe application form-- just "white/caucasian"

· Reply · Share
  • HydeSnarkHydeSnark 931 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 945 Member
    No but if you speak Icelandic you can understand the old Norse sagas which is way better.
    · Reply · Share
  • whitespacewhitespace 994 replies35 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,029 Senior Member
    It's not necessarily a box to check, but I think if you can emphasize it, it certainly won't hurt. It's pretty unique, and it will make you stick out or be more memorable in a gigantic applicant pool.
    · Reply · Share
  • LindagafLindagaf 8973 replies485 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 9,458 Senior Member
    Def find a way to,incorporate that somewhere inot yiur application. Not many people can claim that. anything that makes you memorable is a good thing.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity