right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Should I Send Supplemental Material?

AsianHopeAsianHope 62 replies75 threads Junior Member
Some colleges allow the submission of a science research abstract. I researched but did not carry out any of the experimental procedures myself. I interpreted images and wrote a paper on it. I talked about it in my essays and listed it under the activities section of the Common App. I think that my research is menial compared to others. Should I submit the abstract anyway or will it be excessive?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Should I Send Supplemental Material?

• whitespacewhitespace 994 replies35 threads Senior Member
    I think it would be useful to submit it, if only to back up your activities. Think about it in the reverse. If you saw an applicant that had written a whole essay about scientific research they had participated in, but did not upload an abstract where there was a specific spot for one? That would seem fishy. This is only my take, but I would say submit it.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity