right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Writing about College Visit in Essay

AsianHopeAsianHope 62 replies75 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 137 Junior Member
I am writing about when I visited a college with my family one time. I did not sign up for an official tour; it's an open campus so we just walked in and toured. Is it ok to write about touring the campus even if I never signed up for a campus tour? Since I never signed up, they wouldn't have my name down for visiting...
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Writing about College Visit in Essay

• shawnspencershawnspencer 3098 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,110 Senior Member
    Yes it should be fine. I would caution you however on the content of the essay itself. Coming from a person that I wrote quite a few of these, certain colleges don't want to hear about why their campus is awesome and amazing because they know that already and have read a billion of those, but they want to hear why you would be a good fit and addition to the college. So I would caution you in the sense that I would not focus on how the buildings are super nice or how seeing the campus has made it your dream school, but it should be more substantive than that which may or may not come across in an essay about a campus visit because many people have likely visited the college as well
    · Reply · Share
  • nugraddadnugraddad 1320 replies13 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,333 Senior Member
    shawnspencer - FTW!
    · Reply · Share
  • GMTplus7GMTplus7 14270 replies297 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 14,567 Senior Member
    The adcomms want to learn about YOU.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity