Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Would saying I'm transgender be a hook for HYPS?

13»

Replies to: Would saying I'm transgender be a hook for HYPS?

• NedconeNedcone Registered User Posts: 364 Member
    I would rather keep such a person away from LGBT centers.
  • fallenchemistfallenchemist Honorary Super Mod Posts: 25,129 Inactive
    edited December 2015
    I am closing this thread as I don't think there is any further benefit to be had. It could be a prank thread; as is often the case it is hard to say. Which is exactly why I am not deleting the thread entirely. Assuming the OP is not pranking us: As misguided as I would then consider him to be, this issue is new enough to still have a huge number of people that have archaic notions regarding the issues involved, which are numerous. Hopefully his statements and the rebuttals involved will inform others in a constructive manner.

However, as always, no matter how vile or misguided you think the statements of another member to be, answering them in an uncivil manner is not the way to handle it. Disagree civilly, and/or report the any violations you think have occurred. You can report people as being troIls if you want, you just can't use that word on the public boards. We didn't ban it because it doesn't happen, we banned it because we are trying to discourage people just getting into insults and name calling instead of reporting such posts.
This discussion has been closed.