Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

College Supplement

XboxgamergirlXboxgamergirl Registered User Posts: 472 Member
Hi guys,

I am filling out a "why this college" supplement and I was wondering if it would be appropriate to say that "I have a connection with this college". For example, I am writing a supplement for a new York college and I said that the city will transform me into a mature student and all that.

But, I was wondering if it would be okay to also add that I want to go to the college because my uncle used to take me there as a small child and that after he passed away in 9/11, going to that college became my dream

thanks guys, I didn't want to write the standard- This college has a small faculty in its engineering program which will help me deepen my knowledge about computers-- I wanted to take a different approach to it, but wasn't sure if its appropriate.

Replies to: College Supplement

• sophie9999sophie9999 Registered User Posts: 449 Member
    I think it would be awesome to add your story about your uncle. If you can show more about your personality and background while also explaining why you would be a great fit for the school, then do that. Make sure to also include details on why that specific school will fit you, since there are tons of schools in New York City.
  • Ksty1098Ksty1098 Registered User Posts: 280 Junior Member
    When I went to an admissions session at Columbia they said they hated hearing about the core and New York because everyone wrote about that. So I would assume that applies to nearly every school in New York.
  • 6Jesus6Jesus Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    I think its a great story and should be included.
  • XboxgamergirlXboxgamergirl Registered User Posts: 472 Member
    Thanks guys..ill definitely add something other than the city! But I think I will include the story of my uncle as well!! Happy new year!
This discussion has been closed.