right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Class Rank

somjelly1somjelly1 10 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
So right now, I go to a very competitive school. I consider myself a smart kid, but as a junior I have a very limited time to raise my class rank. The most recent letter I received from the school says I am at the edge of the third quartile, almost in the second, which is decent but not where I'd like to be. There is another school within the school district that is a much weaker school, and if I moved there, my current grades would guarantee me a top 25% spot, maybe even a top 10% spot. What is your opinion on this? Will my old rank be shown on my transcript?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Class Rank

• CollegeMan91CollegeMan91 354 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 370 Member
    I think you are better off getting a good education at a competitive school, rather than switching schools. Colleges know that some schools are competitive and will adjust the weight of class rank accordingly. That is just my opinion though.
    · Reply · Share
  • somjelly1somjelly1 10 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    That's what my dad seems to think also, but for example, at A&M if I moved to the less competitive school I would be an auto-admit since I would most likely be in the top 25%.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity