Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help Me Choose!!! Rutgers vs Stevens IT vs Drexel (Computer Engineering)

student1676student1676 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
Please help me decide between Rutgers, Stevens IT, and Drexel, as I was accepted into all 3.
If you have either attended any of these schools, or have been in a similar predicament, please feel free to comment.
As of right now, these are how each school compare with each other in my situation:

Rutgers:
Rank- #26 Computer Engineering
Estimated Financial Cost- $32k (including room and board)

Stevens IT:
Rank- #35 Computer Engineering
Estimated Financial Cost- $38k (including room and board)

Drexel:
Rank- #40 Computer Engineering
Estimated Financial Cost- $25k (including room and board)
Accepted into Accelerated BS/MS Program (Master's degree obtained in 5 years)

***Rankings obtained from https://tfetimes.com/2016-computer-engineering-rankings/ ***

Replies to: Help Me Choose!!! Rutgers vs Stevens IT vs Drexel (Computer Engineering)

• student1676student1676 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
  • BurgermeisterBurgermeister Registered User Posts: 355 Member
    Academically equivalent. Choose location and proximity to future coop jobs. Hard to believe that Drexel is most affordable. Congrats!

Drexel is a job factory. Stevens was really pushing cyber security during our visit.

Where did you feel most comfortable?
    Update: I was just accepted into NYU Tandon School of Engineering
    Rank- #32
    Estimated Financial Cost- $25k (including room and board)

I definitely like the thought of living in the city, thats why I'm learning towards NYU as of right now.
  • DolemiteDolemite Registered User Posts: 2,059 Senior Member
    Well Drexel is in a major city. It's not Manhattan and University City is not the The Village but it could be more appealing to some - me included because it's not overwhelming like Manhattan can be. Philly still has everything to offer that a major city has and Center City/University City are relatively safe like the area around NYU. You'll probably be able to live off campus a lot cheaper at Drexel. Getting your master's can't hurt either and the co-op experience is a plus.
This discussion has been closed.