Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How much do test scores matter for RSI?

oPhilipposoPhilippos Registered User Posts: 326 Member
I'm wondering because I am considering retaking my ACT (35C: 35E 36M 32R 35S) and SAT (expecting 1450+ since I'm going into this test severely unprepared) to heighten my chances for getting into the Research Science Institute. I know that it is super selective, but since they're basically only evaluating based on the first two years of high school and a semester of junior year, I was thinking that maybe the standardized tests matter more since most students' ECs don't really get intense until junior year. I have/am gone/going into both my standardized tests with minimal prep, so I believe that with prep I can at least match those scores. Should I retake or let my ECs make up for not having perfect scores? The program will probably only take one from my state, and the last person from my school who went had a perfect SAT when she applied.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong section I just hoped more people would see it here)

Replies to: How much do test scores matter for RSI?

• T26E4T26E4 Registered User Posts: 24,274 Senior Member
    Having an ACT 35C means you’ve met every academic standard. I’d spend that day helping around the house or watch movies. Really.
  • neokingneoking Registered User Posts: 729 Member
    Wait, why would you retake the ACT and take the SAT at all? Other than subject tests, you're done with standardized college admissions tests dude.

Focus on your ECs.
This discussion has been closed.