Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is it a little pushy to re-send my teacher recommendation invites on Common App?

anxiousteenanxiousteen Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
I invited my math and physics teachers as recommenders well over a month ago and they still haven't even started it. They were glad I asked too, so it's not like they don't like me. I also reminded them last week... still none in the system.

Should I re-send the recommendation invites today? I don't want to come across as pushy, but they know that my early deadlines for two of the schools I'm applying two is on October 15th.

Replies to: Is it a little pushy to re-send my teacher recommendation invites on Common App?

• redpoodlesredpoodles Registered User Posts: 2,110 Senior Member
    Yes, it's pushy. Do you turn your assignments in two weeks early when someone tells you they need it by Oct 15?
  • intparentintparent Registered User Posts: 36,146 Senior Member
    It is passive aggressive. Check in with them again one week before they are due. And either do it in person or via email, not by pushing the request again. (some people will jump in and say "not email", but for me it would be more likely to make it into my to-do list if I got an email. I might forget if we just chatted when I am busy.
  • mom2collegemom2college Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I don't think it's pushy but I'm not the one you're sending it to - :-*

I'd try to ask them in person again. "Just double-checking you'll have time because my deadline is 10/15."
  • anxiousteenanxiousteen Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    Unfortunately, I can't remind them in person one week before the deadline because we just got on fall break; classes don't start again till October 10th. I supposed e-mail is the way to go. Thanks!
  • millie210millie210 Registered User Posts: 514 Member
    Maybe they'd been waiting for fall break to do them.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 40,989 Super Moderator
    I can't remind them in person one week before the deadline because we just got on fall break; classes don't start again till October 10th. I supposed e-mail is the way to go. Thanks!
    Be aware that if you are on break, your teachers are also on break. Many people do not check their work e-mails while on vacation. Personally, I think this question (if it needs to be asked at all) can wait until you get back from break. The teachers are professionals and they know they have a due date, which is not September 30th. They really don't need all their students for who they are writing recs sending emails 2 weeks before they are due. As mentioned upthread, it's not like you turn in your assignments early.
This discussion has been closed.