right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

So, you only need these 3 things?

AbsDadAbsDad 114 replies51 threads Junior Member
edited February 2017 in College Admissions
School has a 24% acceptance rate. This is what a different website says is needed for acceptance..... Seems too easy.

High School GPA
Neither required nor recommended

High School Rank

High School Transcript
Required

College Prep Courses
Recommended

SAT/ACT

Recommendations
Required
edited February 2017
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: So, you only need these 3 things?

• yonceonhismouthyonceonhismouth 1953 replies24 threads Senior Member
    This college would be called "test-optional." The reason they don't require a GPA or class rank is that some schools no longer provide those things. A college can calculate your GPA for themselves from your transcript, and compare you to others in your school from the school report.
    · Reply · Share
  • LindagafLindagaf 9490 replies507 threads Senior Member
    I always confirm exactly what a college uses in its admissions decisions by googling the college's common data set. That will be the most accurate info about what the school prioritizes.

Generally speaking, the kids who get in without submitting test scores will be really excellent students with great recs and great ECs. They are still looking for top students at a test-optional school, but they realize that test scores are not necessarily good indicators of how well a student can perform at college. So many factors can be at play, some of which are access to expensive test prep, or simply being a poor test-taker.
    · Reply · Share
  • SybyllaSybylla 3972 replies50 threads Senior Member
    And even in TO schools, there may be different reqs from admission to qualify for scholarships. If you want merit, you may well need optimal scores anyway. You are targeting merit. right?
    · Reply · Share
  • AbsDadAbsDad 114 replies51 threads Junior Member
    edited February 2017
    @Sybylla Can't I target both? :)

I'm not really worried if this is what they choose. Both are inside the top 7%. Both have a decent amount of EC ( could maybe use more ).... and would get tons of recommendation letters. We just had their GEIP or is it GiEP? Meeting today, and teachers told us that would be happy to write recommendations. And I am sure we could get the woman in charge to write one too. She likes our kids a lot. GPA for both is 4.6 ( twins )

One teacher almost cried when she said "Your kids are why I teach."
    edited February 2017
    · Reply · Share
  • alooknacalooknac 1281 replies15 threads Senior Member
    I would definitely go by the college's own website as to application requirements. Just because the school is less stats oriented doesn't mean admission will be easy. They probably want essays, maybe even extra essays, interview? It could be actually harder to stand out without those objective qualifiers.

And I agree with previous poster that the CDS will show how the admissions committee weights various factors.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity