Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Ivy Day 2017

Replies to: Ivy Day 2017

• emli8100emli8100 Registered User Posts: 202 Junior Member
    @ANormalSeniorGuy omg...how did you have the stamina for all 30
  • drowning2021drowning2021 Registered User Posts: 78 Junior Member
  • ANormalSeniorGuyANormalSeniorGuy Registered User Posts: 306 Member
    @emli8100 @drowning2021 A lot of recycling essays. I wrote a lot of generic ones for "why this college" or "EC essay" and just substituted facts and names. As a result my essays were not that strong, but they got the job done.
  • scarletwitchxscarletwitchx Registered User Posts: 305 Member
    edited March 12
    bless you

I applied to all of them except Dartmouth, although I'm pretty sure my chances at Penn are shot because I kind of... forgot my interview.

oops. but I didn't like UPenn much anyways.

hyped for rejections!! start coming out this week!!
  • woahitsdicewoahitsdice Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Applied to 2 -- Harvard & Columbia... can't wait to get my heart broken
  • woahitsdicewoahitsdice Registered User Posts: 21 New Member
    Is there an article or something that says Ivy Day is the 30th?
    @woahitsdice Probably but I don't know a specific one. It is the 30th for sure though
    edited March 13
    If my friend (who basically is the same person as me--we took similar classes and had similar EC's, but she has a slightly higher GPA and more EC accomplishments) got into Columbia ED, my chances are nil right? She applied to the engineering college and I applied to Columbia College for Biology. Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a chance me thread.
    are yall hype about rejections? BTW what are people's backup schools. I was hella lucky and got Berkeley early lol
  • USUG21USUG21 Registered User Posts: 969 Member
  • scarletwitchxscarletwitchx Registered User Posts: 305 Member
    i got berkeley early, so that's probably the school i'm going to if i don't get into an ivy or mit (or even if i get into one tbh since i'm in-state & engineering). i like the atmosphere/liberalism, but i'm not sure if the uber-competitive vibe fits me. (yikes @ the memes)
    @scarletwitchx Where you regents? and if so did you go to the overnight program?
  • pristinechrispristinechris Registered User Posts: 66 Junior Member
    @scarletwitchx, do you know how does the uber competitiveness manifests itself? I go to a laid back high school, not sure how to handle a cut throat atmosphere..
  • greenstudentgreenstudent Registered User Posts: 230 Junior Member
    I'm fully expecting rejections from all of my colleges, but I'm still both dreading and feeling excited for 30th March! (Joys of being an international...if all else fails I'm stuck in my country for another 4 years)
  • MeHowPLMeHowPL Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    edited March 13
    International here, waiting for all 8 Ivy's + 14 more. But Ivy's are by far what I look forward to, had amazing interviews, selective Harvard one, and I love the United States wholeheartedly [spent a year in US HS]. Everyone keeps telling me I have a shot at each school, but it's so tough to call considering how selective all my choices are. March 30th will be the happiest moment of my life or the exact opposite, I'm so nervous for many months now waiting for all the decisions! Good luck to everyone! Hope to have some of you as classmates this Fall! :)