right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

College Admissions results

elstudentttelstudenttt 60 replies54 threads Junior Member
Now that I've heard back from all my schools I'd like to share my results and reflect a little.
Some stats:
GPA: 3.6 UW 4.0W UC gpa like 3.9~4.05
ACT: 28
My essays, I believe, were pretty good
ECs:
captain of varsity soccer team
Worked a summer job at Kumon
Did two science NSLC programs, one at Berkeley one at American University
Assistant coach/volunteer for Maleda soccer
Volunteered at few different churches throughout hs

Decisions:
Rejected: UCLA, UCSD, UCB, CP SLO
Waitlisted: UCD, Santa Clara University, UCI
Accepted: UCSB, UCM, UCSC, LMU, CP Pomona, SDSU, SJSU, USD, Pepperdine

This whole college process was so stressful. LMU was my first acceptance but I thought of it as a match/safety (applied EA). UCs and cal poly were the ones I really cared about. When their decisions started to come, I was very disappointed. Getting rejected by Cal Poly, UCSD and waitlisted by Davis was not a great start. I felt really hopeless with my chances of getting into my number 1 school: UCSB. Then with Irvine and its notorious rolling admissions, it just compounded the stress. Waiting 5 days just find out I've been put on the waitlist was a truly horrible experience. The day I got put on the UCI waitlist was the same day UCSB notified applicants. At that point, I had such little belief of being admitted, I almost decided not to even check the portal, but I did and when I saw the "You're Admitted!" I couldn't believe it, I was so stunned. Even right now it hasn't really sunk in, maybe it won't until I'm actually at the school or in my first class. I just couldn't believe after the rejections and waitlists I got into my number 1, beyond happy. I'd like to thank this platform for always answering my questions. Never would have imagined back in 10th grade, when I made this account just to ask a Spanish question, that it would have such a great, positive effect on my high school journey and getting into my dream school. Again thanks for everything, can't wait for the next step: college, no doubt I will continue to have relentless questions.
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: College Admissions results

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity