Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

How is my junior year schedule

harvard2023harvard2023 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
For ivy leagues, do you think this shows too much science related classes?

AP Bio
AP Chem
AP Calc AB/BC
AP Lang
Phlebotomy
Biotechnology

Replies to: How is my junior year schedule

• harvard2023harvard2023 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    For junior year
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 27,985 Super Moderator
    edited April 20
    For ivy leagues, do you think this shows too much science related classes?
    Yes, particularly if you have not met the colleges' suggested preparation in social sciences, and foreign language.
    Post edited by skieurope on
  • astute12astute12 Registered User Posts: 327 Member
    edited April 17
    You need English and History. Most want to see 3-4 years history and 4 years English. Is Phlebotomy an elective? I have never heard of it being offered as a full credit class.
    I took US history online this year so I would not have to take it next year. DO you think that's ok?
    Yes... phlebotomy is an elective at my school
    Biotechnology is offerened in levels 1,2, 3, and 4. I am taking 3 right now.
  • YarnweaverYarnweaver Registered User Posts: 180 Junior Member
    Current junior here. As @astute12 said, I would recommend taking an English and history course even if you do plan on majoring in STEM.
    AP Language is english right?
  • astute12astute12 Registered User Posts: 327 Member
    AP language usually refers to a language course like Spanish. Some schools offer AP Literature, that is an English course. Where was the on-line history course from? Many colleges don't recognize online courses so be careful with this.
    I ll be taking AP Lit senior year. I meant AP English Language and Composition when I said AP Lang. sorry...
  • YarnweaverYarnweaver Registered User Posts: 180 Junior Member
    @harvard2023 Okay. I recommend dropping one of your electives for a history course then.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 27,985 Super Moderator
    AP language usually refers to a language course like Spanish.
    On this website, AP Language almost always refers to AP English Language and Composition. The foreign languages are usually referred to as AP Spanish, AP Chinese, etc. On those rare instances where someone is talking about AP Spanish Literature and Culture (the only FL with 2 exams), it's generally called AP Spanish Lit.
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 31,996 Senior Member
    Do kotntzke AP chemistry and AP bio at the same time. One junior year and one senior year would be best.
    Make sure you've taken the basics (bio, come, physics) before you take science electives.
    Add one foreign language and one social science/history. If you've taken us history, take Euro or world, or us/comp gov or economics, etc.
    Do you think taking AP bio and chem at the same time would be that difficult?
    I'm only doing that because I want to get into good research programs next summer that strongly recommend those two courses.
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 31,996 Senior Member
    yes, both are among the most rigorous science AP's, both require labs that are very intense and time-consuming, and so having both at the same time would be very difficult. Is there any chance you could take General Biology I at an easy community college this summer? It'd cover AP Bio...
This discussion has been closed.