Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Should I take SAT subject test?

AsianTacoAsianTaco Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
In November, I have received the opportunity to take the SAT for free due to Hurricane Irma's effect on my area. I currently have a SAT score of 1440. I got a 4 on AP chem and a 5 on AP calc. I want to go to universities like Northwestern, Duke, Johns Hopkins, and Stanford and major in biomedical engineeering. Should I try to increase my SAT score (by around 50pts) or take the subject tests?

Replies to: Should I take SAT subject test?

• skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 43,611 Super Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Since you can only apply to one of those colleges ED/REA, it really depends upon which college you plan to apply to early. Ideally you should probably take both - one in November and one in December, although only the November test will impact your early choice. It also depends on how the 1440 breaks down. 720/720 might not warrant an immediate need to retake, while 640/800 would, IMO.

That said, the SAT is more important than the Subject Test, IMO.
    Post edited by skieurope on
  • TestingearlyTestingearly Registered User Posts: 336 Member
    I don't think a 1440 is going to be enough to get into Stanford or Hopkins. The only one of the 4 that strongly reccomends you submit Subject tests is Duke. I would retake the SAT.
This discussion has been closed.