right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

SAT subject tests are NOT truly optional for middle/upper middle class applicants at elite colleges!

12345679»

Replies to: SAT subject tests are NOT truly optional for middle/upper middle class applicants at elite colleges!

• andreakcrandreakcr 3 replies2 threads New Member
    very frustrating
    · Reply · Share
  • tdy123tdy123 1039 replies18 threads Senior Member
    CU123 wrote: »
    The bottom line is that if you had submitted scores and were accepted you would have been accepted without them, and if you didn't submit scores and were rejected you would have been rejected even if you had sent them in.

Regarding SAT subject tests, Yale says "recommended but not required." I'm not sure I would read that and conclude that it absolutely supports your "bottom line."
    · Reply · Share
  • j2sosoj2soso 15 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Just went through process, my D20 college counselor was very clear on which schools are not really subject test optional - I don’t think it is big secret.
    · Reply · Share
  • mrbhuismrbhuis 23 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Curious which ones ...
    · Reply · Share
  • yikesyikesyikesyikesyikesyikes 1891 replies136 threadsForum Champion U. Michigan Forum Champion
    edited January 12
    @mrbhuis

When it comes to "definitely not optional" schools, Georgetown immediately comes to mind. I want to say Tufts as well. Not saying you cannot get into Georgetown without good subject test scores, but it is making things very hard for yourself.

As for other schools: probably the Ivies, but I don not think they care about them to the extent Georgetown does.
    edited January 12
    · Reply · Share
  • LA91116LA91116 13 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Tufts no longer asks for subject tests or the writing portion of either the SAT or ACT.
    · Reply · Share