Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

If I could change one thing....

Replies to: If I could change one thing....

• LexRexLexRex Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    I wouldn't have applied early decision. The school I'm going to is the right fit for me, but I got into a more prestigious school that I was certain I wouldn't get into. Now I'm always going to be wondering what it'd be like to have gone there. I think I'd have ended up choosing my ED school anyway, but it bothers me knowing that I gave up the option to choose, even though I was so certain about it when I applied.
  • HRSMomHRSMom Registered User Posts: 4,198 Senior Member
    I think my S would have done ED Cornell rather than Duke...he had a good shot at Cornell ED...Duke, even he agrees they were never looking for him.
  • slvd09slvd09 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    Would've started my supplements for RD schools much earlier, as I ended up getting deferred haha. That, and would have probably gone early for another school instead...
  • Orioles13Orioles13 Registered User Posts: 74 Junior Member
    Id change my decision of attending a less prestigious college over a more prestigious one just because I though that it was much easier getting a high GPA at a lesser college.
  • FejiroFejiro Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    I wish i could change my grades definitely
  • momocarlymomocarly Registered User Posts: 329 Member
    Do more community service earlier than my Sr. year. Not get into trouble for something stupid that kept me out of National Honor Society.
  • astrophysicistxastrophysicistx Registered User Posts: 118 Junior Member
    Would've done REA or ED!!!!
  • CathJRCathJR Registered User Posts: 423 Member
    I would have applied myself more because I know I could have. I would have put myself out there more, not just to participate in more for EC's, but just for my own experience.
  • xvibesxxvibesx Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    I wish I would've took studying for the ACT more seriously earlier on
  • mimimo7890mimimo7890 Registered User Posts: 513 Member
    I wish I knew what I wanted going into the process. In december I still had no idea what I wanted, and now I do and 10 out of 11 schools I applied to do not have it :/
  • Meganerd2012Meganerd2012 Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    I wished I studied harder for the math ACT section and got involved in clubs sophomore year.
  • apple1893apple1893 Registered User Posts: 675 Member
    I wish I was more into reading books as a kid. This would've paid dividends now while I struggle on the SAT/ACT English and Reading portions.

I also wish I played soccer in elementary school. I've become advanced in the past six years, but I always imagine how far in the sport I would've gone if I began in elementary school.
  • Akqj10Akqj10 Registered User Posts: 186 Junior Member
    Apply early decision to a need blind school, don't believe the colleges who tout financial aid not being a big deal, I pretty certain 60% of the financial aid at NESCAC colleges goes to athletes, if not more.
  • jellybeanjjellybeanj Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Apply ED and work on the RD essays a LOT sooner.