right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

If I could change one thing....

PSedrishMDPSedrishMD 601 replies111 threads Member
edited July 2016 in College Admissions
....about my application, it would be ______ .
Take the poll!
edited July 2016
982 replies
Post edited by CCadmin_Sorin on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: If I could change one thing....

• RubensRubens 79 replies16 threads Junior Member
    my interview..
    I am sure that my extra curriculars and SAT and competetitveness of school make up for the mediocrity of my GPA... however, my interview was one that I will never forget. One stupid answer can break the interview, which sucks. However, I hope they saw my carelessness/bad joke as just that and not stupidity or immaturity.

Still I would rather take it back and avoid the whole thing.. haha. definitely interview.
    · Reply · Share
  • FlamingChickenFlamingChicken 35 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Definately GPA...if I had all A's (i only take AP classes) throughout high school i would be all set.... everything is awesome except my grappy GPA...
    · Reply · Share
  • StanfordHopeful05StanfordHopeful05 55 replies7 threads Junior Member
    I would definitely defintely definitely chance my SAT I and SAT II scores...other than that I think I'm ok.
    · Reply · Share
  • courtette44courtette44 130 replies12 threads Junior Member
    i totally slack too. like for real, not "maaaah, i got beeeeesss," but like 4 cs and a d. in spanish of all things. what was i thinking? aaah. but my weighted gpa is still like 4.2 and i'm applying to top schools and could actually get in, maybe. not all is lost. but OOH i wish i could change my grades.
    · Reply · Share
  • outastate75450outastate75450 33 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I would change my school's coursebook to offer APs. Not that I care; I got in where I wanted. I just hope I'm not behind next year...
    · Reply · Share
  • madjoymadjoy 619 replies6 threads Member
    Definitely grades/GPA/rank as well. I surely have slacked and not handed in important assignments, causing me to get Bs in a LOT of my AP classes. I'm talking Bs overall - Cs and even Ds in specific marking periods. Thankfully, the colleges didn't see that on my transcript. I'd get an A- one marking period, and a C- the next. I'm not kidding, that actually happened in more than one subject...

It's not that I regret it, so much, but rather that I wish this were not shown on my application so much. It's certainly my weak point. Ah, I got into my first choice school early anyway, so all's well! (Wesleyan University)
    · Reply · Share
  • chelsea 2005chelsea 2005 216 replies10 threads Junior Member
    after taking the poll i changed my mind! originally, i put "SAT/ACT scores", but now i realize that i did my best. i would like to put "Not a thing!" because my test scores are very good, just not perfect. and, i kind of wish i had applied to a harder "reach" school. i applied to notre dame, but i think it would have been interesting to apply to an ivy league. oh well!
    · Reply · Share
  • chochu444chochu444 305 replies18 threads Member
    if i cud change one thing, it wud definitely be my grades. just because of a C in A levels, i am ranked 21 in 84 which has hurt my chances badly. only if i had done better...
    · Reply · Share
  • aliasdanceraliasdancer 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I put my SATs. stupid 1400 and 32.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity