right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Who do I need to talk to?

DylJade6DylJade6 3 replies2 threads New Member
edited February 2018 in University of Colorado
I'm a freshman at a community college in Colorado. My intention is to gain a masters degree in Japanese language. My plan was to transfer to CU Boulder to do this once I was finished with my associates. Unfortunately I've come across a massive issue with this. I attend one of the only community colleges that even offers a Japanese course, and my teacher is terrible. In 2 months I haven't learned anything in his class, he's disorganized and basically just talks about himself and plays anime for class. This is an expensive class and the most crucial one for my degree. I don't think CU will accept me as a transfer student until I've finished at least Japanese 2 at my current school. I feel like I'm wasting my time and money. Any suggestions as to what I should do about this? Do I have options?

Furthermore, I would like to study abroad once I'm further into my degree but I know this requires extensive planning and I'm not sure how to go about that. Considering multiple schools would be involved, who do I need to speak to about this? Or is there a good site I can use to figure all of it out?

Thank you for your time,
edited February 2018
2 replies
Post edited by Chedva on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Who do I need to talk to?

  • stardustmomstardustmom 383 replies1 threads Member
    Go to Forum Home on this website. There is a section for Majors and under that is foreign languages. Post your questions there and you will probably get replies from people who have knowledge about language programs. If you are worried that you are not actually learning the language, my only suggestion would be to try and supplement with an online or Amazon Audible language program.
    · Reply · Share
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 23410 replies17 threads Senior Member
    I'd contact the Japanese dept at CU. Someone might be able to help you pick classes or apply as a transfer, or tell you about study abroad programs.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity