Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

University of Alabama- application & scholarships

ashtynr99ashtynr99 Registered User Posts: 26 Junior Member
I started working on my University of Alabama application today but I am confused about a few things

1. Is there no essay
2. When or do I submit my transcripts

All I saw was the application which I plan on submitting tonight and then a section about sending in test scores

Also I have a question on their scholarships

Will they accept an ACT/SAT test scores they receive before December 15th (even if I submitted my application) for the merit scholarships? I’m trying to aim for a 30 on the September ACT

Replies to: University of Alabama- application & scholarships

• NJWrestlingmomNJWrestlingmom Registered User Posts: 825 Member
    My friend’s daughter just submitted the app and said no essay. Usually merit is based off the score at time of acceptance but check out their website- it should be spelled out.
  • readthetealeavesreadthetealeaves Registered User Posts: 471 Member
    @ashtynr99 You have your school send your transcripts to the address on the website or they do it electronically if they are a part of parchment etc. The same with scores. You order from the testing agency and they send direct to the college. You can submit your app tonight but they will wait till both are in to make a decision. If there is already a score sent there they will use that and match it to your file when they get your app and the transcripts in hand. No worries. They confirm what they get as it comes in. Good luck
  • mom2collegekidsmom2collegekids Forum Champion Financial Aid, Forum Champion Alabama Posts: 84,608 Forum Champion
    edited July 2018
    No essay

Contact your high school and request transcripts to be sent

Yes, your dec rest scores will be good BUT you must select Bama as a receiver of one of the free reports!!!

Apply now and keep testing! And take the SAT, too