Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Letters of Rec

soccer105soccer105 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I've always been told to get letters of rec from the teachers who know me best in classes that I excelled in. This year I took AP chemistry, and I got a C in the class. It was pretty heartbreaking because I did everything I possibly could to do well, and still ended with a C, however my teacher can speak a lot to my work ethic in the class, because I worked very hard, probably harder than any other class I've taken. She likes me a lot but I'm not her absolute favorite. She can be intimidating at times but I like her, and she knows me as a good student. Some people have told me that having her write my rec will help balance the fact I got a C because it shows I worked hard, however on the other hand others say its a bad idea because she ended me with a C, and thus may not have the substance to write a good rec. Is getting a letter of rec from her a good idea?