Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

No Letter of Continued Interest

Jleto18Jleto18 Registered User Posts: 219 Junior Member
So I got deferred from UChicago EA, and I responded by putting my app in the RD round and not ED 2. I heard to acceptance rate is like 0.5% for EA to RD applicants, and I don't have any faith that I'll get in. I'm also pretty burnt out from all the essays for other colleges. Should I withdraw my application or just let it go to RD w/o a LOCI? I'm not writing one.

Replies to: No Letter of Continued Interest

• privatebankerprivatebanker Registered User Posts: 2,148 Senior Member
    Don’t give up It takes ten minutes to send a polite email.

“Dear admissions committee:

Please accept this note as an indication of my continued interest in the University of Chicago.

Rest assured, I understand my responsibility to add to the University’s vibrant community each and every day.

Briefly, please note my ongoing academic work and volunteerism.

- My grades .....for semester one was a 4.0

-I continue to invest my time as effort in the UNICEF Club as President.

I know you have many fine candidates to review. I want to sincerely thank you for your time and consideration.”

Sincerely

“Billy Jones”

Don’t give up. That took like five minutes and you could do even better considering that I wouldnt even have been deferred at Chicago in my day.

Good luck and chin up.