Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cal poly nutrition major chances?

michzzlmichzzl Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
Hi,
My daughter has calculated her MCA and thinks it’s 4044. Any idea if she will be a competitive candidate for the nutrition major?

Replies to: Cal poly nutrition major chances?

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 24,955 Forum Champion
    edited February 10
    How does her CP GPA and Test scores compare to the averages for the College of Agriculture, Food and Environmental Science? What about her his course rigor?

Average CP GPA: 4.00 Average ACT: 28 Average SAT: 1325

SLO projections shows 413 applicants for 60 spots. If you take an average 33% yield, then the acceptance rate for Nutrition is around 44%. Again this is conjecture since SLO does not post their yield by major.
  • michzzlmichzzl Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Her CP gpa is 3.8 with rigor and ACT is 32.
    I’m guessing she is in the running but far from a sure thing.
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 24,955 Forum Champion
    Definitely competitive but until you have an acceptance in hand, not a sure thing. Best of luck to her.
  • happywaffleshappywaffles Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
    hey! I'm a current nutrition major at cal poly. I'm gonna go ahead and say that she has a good chance but of course nothing is for certain. I got in with around the same gpa and a 34 ACT. If you have any questions about the nutrition program here, feel free to ask!
  • michzzlmichzzl Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Thanks, @happywaffles . It’s so hard to wait! Are you enjoying the program? Can you get into the classes you want/need? Do most nutrition majors graduate in 4 years? Is that a realistic goal?