Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Beloit Class of 2023

NethergolemNethergolem Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
I got accepted to Beloit with Presidential Scholarship worth 32k per year. Any alumni or current students who could give honest reviews on the college?
I'm still waiting for other college decisions so not rushing into anything.

Replies to: Beloit Class of 2023

• damndaniel14damndaniel14 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Same. I am an international student and I got accepted with the same scholarship. However, I still cannot afford it. I asked for Need based aid but seems like they didn't give me any so yeah.
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff Registered User Posts: 2,153 Senior Member
    edited February 15
    My daughter is a junior transfer and got the same scholarship for transfer students. She came from another Lac. She is extremely happy at Beloit. They are very supportive of what she wants to do. She says the students and teachers are educationally curious. They want to learn. Most have been welcoming to her being a junior. She made quickly close bonds with several professors and many have helped her get presentations on her research to main organizations that will only help her in the future.

When she and others presented their research to students and family present, 3 faculty that she is close to, came to hear just her presentation and asked questions, then left to go back to work. I couldn't believe they came just to support my daughter. I thought that was very cool.

If you want a small Lac and want to be challenged educationally, there are few better places.

There are things to do around campus. Many have cars and go venturing also. It's a safe area overall.

I want to add for such a small Lac it is nicely a diverse student body. More so then I have seen on other campuses. Also there is an international push for students. Might want to ask again but all Lacs are struggling for funds etc. Also

Congratulations on your scholarship.