Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do i have to send in all college transcripts for optometry school

anon34anon34 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Okay, so I am going to straight out say i messed up. One of the biggest mistakes of my life. I was at a university and during summer vacation i applied as a guest student to a different university and took a class there. Now i messed up. I was stupid and took everything as a joke and was caught cheating, so i withdrew from the course, but was charged with academic misconduct. I retook the class at my normal university and aced it and i never transferred the class.

I paid for the class in cash and did not use financial aid for it, but my parents did mention to the bookkeeper when filing taxes that i took a class during the summer at that university, but nothing came out of it. If I do not send in my transcript for that certain school would they find out. Honestly, i regret it so much, and it served as a wake-up call for me.

Please any advice would be helpful.

Replies to: Do i have to send in all college transcripts for optometry school

• TomSrOfBostonTomSrOfBoston Registered User Posts: 15,087 Senior Member
    You must send in all transcripts. If not and it is discovered you will be denied or expelled.
  • anon34anon34 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Do you think I will even be considered for an interview with that on my record?
  • happymomof1happymomof1 Registered User Posts: 28,893 Senior Member
    Order an official copy of the transcript for yourself. See what it says. Forewarned is forearmed.

You also need to prepare your statement about cheating. There will be a question about that onthe applications. You will need to admit to your past academic dishonesty, and give evidence of having learned your lesson, grown up, and committed yourself to leading an exemplary life. Talking the whole experience over with one of the counselors ar your university and with the pre-health career advisor might be a good way to start formulating your application and interview responses about this.