Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

It's Not Too Late: Some Colleges Are Still Accepting Applications

CCEdit_TorreyCCEdit_Torrey Editor Posts: 200 Editor
There's still time to apply to some schools -- many of which have deadlines that span into the summer. https://www.collegeconfidential.com/articles/these-colleges-are-still-accepting-applications/

Replies to: It's Not Too Late: Some Colleges Are Still Accepting Applications

• ninakatarinaninakatarina Registered User Posts: 1,539 Senior Member
    Your list doesn't include a lot of UK colleges, too, which often have later application deadlines. Some very prestigious places are still open to new applicants.
  • privatebankerprivatebanker Registered User Posts: 3,819 Senior Member
  • HKimPOSSIBLEHKimPOSSIBLE Registered User Posts: 257 Junior Member
    Thank you. They may accept applications, but I'm not so certain how much aid I would be getting from these schools - or even if I will get accepted considering how I got rejected from Berea College.
    @HKimPOSSIBLE How is that possible. Did you talk to anyone. Do they think you will transfer out as soon as possible and your grades/scores were, oddly, too high?

And it only takes one. We know you have the gap year plan. But why not just take a few more shots. Especially if they are on the common app and have admission app waivers. It only takes one.
  • peachActuary73peachActuary73 Registered User Posts: 362 Member
    @HKimPOSSIBLE @privatebanker You might want to consider an HBCU. It might be an awesome experience for you, even if it's for next year. I know Tuskegee has amazing freshman scholarships for high stats and might be all-inclusive. Probably not what you were thinking about, but might want to think outside the box. They are not on the link, but are still accepting apps. Might be worth a look.
  • jym626jym626 Registered User Posts: 56,856 Senior Member
    Where is this year’s NACAC list of schools with openings available? Does it not come out until after May 1?
  • Mwfan1921Mwfan1921 Registered User Posts: 1,249 Senior Member
    @jym626 NACAC list will be out around May 3 or 4
  • jym626jym626 Registered User Posts: 56,856 Senior Member
    That makes sense.
  • xraymancsxraymancs Forum Champion Graduate School Posts: 4,643 Forum Champion
    Illinois Institute of Technology is still accepting applications and many of our students get merit aid. However, the degrees are mostly STEM focused.
  • HannaHanna Registered User Posts: 14,870 Senior Member
    "How is that possible"

Berea is highly selective for everyone, but it's especially selective for those outside of Appalachia. Its mission is to serve Appalachian students. Seats for out-of-region students are in hot demand.