Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How to create Art Profile for college

NonomomNonomom Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
Art profile 101 The how to

My son is going to submit his college application in a couple of years, and I was wondering for those who already submitted Art Profiles what are the best advise on going about that.. this could be a valuable discussion for others so information for the following will be highly appreciated.

College applied or enrolled in ( name the college)
Art profile submitted ( e.g. was prepared in a summer program)
Timeline of art profile ( e.g. 9-12)
Lessons learned ( Do's and don'ts )
Helpful discussions could also be found (e.g https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/prep-school-admissions/1738179-regretting-not-submitting-art-portfolio-into-gateway.html )

Replies to: How to create Art Profile for college

• HappyintheGoalHappyintheGoal Registered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
    This is interesting and thank you for starting this thread.

My DD enjoys visual arts and this has been very important for her. She would like to start transitioning to a more purposeful portfolio-building stage but we aren’t sure what thoughtful portfolios look like.
  • NonomomNonomom Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    From what I have read and see from my kids friends, students who have art portfolios get better chances in being admitted to University .. many students who did submit their art portfolio regret not doing so