Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

To tattle or not to tattle?

whatiskkaebsongwhatiskkaebsong Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
edited May 25 in College Admissions
Hello,
I'm a rising senior, and I've come to realize how bloodthirsty (is that the right word) my classmates are.
Our high school is very competitive and send tens of people to t20 schools every year.
My friend founded a club and asked 2 other friends to help start it. She just told me that they all agreed that they started this club for selfish reasons--looking good on college admission aka extra fluff. All three of them have such good stats that they literally don't need to get more badges to show off. Should I "tattle" on them to admissions when I know where they're applying? Or is this a problem for the admissions officer?
Probably would never do this because they're my good friends and I have no guts.

Replies to: To tattle or not to tattle?

• HKimPOSSIBLEHKimPOSSIBLE Registered User Posts: 296 Junior Member
    I really don't see this as your business. In fact, it looks like from the way you described it, the two people DID in fact, started the club.

Whatever the reason, do you have proof? Even then, it's just their loss for starting a club because they wanted to bling for colleges. Unethical? Yeah, but not sure if it's remotely reasonable to notify AO's.
  • Dancingmom518Dancingmom518 Registered User Posts: 315 Member
    Is this a serious question? If so, the answer is no.
  • SoofDadSoofDad Registered User Posts: 1,130 Senior Member
    Your friends are not going to fool any Admissions Officials. They see this kind of behavior every year
  • ProfessorPlum168ProfessorPlum168 Registered User Posts: 3,398 Senior Member
    Everyone does it. It’s no big deal. AOs see thru this.
  • aunt beaaunt bea Registered User Posts: 9,800 Senior Member
    One little club?
    One, it's not your business.
    Two, please realize that the admissions officials have experience, and know what they're doing.
    One selfish club that does nothing. Not a big deal.
  • whatiskkaebsongwhatiskkaebsong Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    edited May 25
    I do agree it's not my business and it's not my place to do this. However, they have already set up 2 annual events that have been fairly successful, but they didn't start it because they were "passionate" about it. But, it sounds like the general consensus is that I shouldn't do it, it's not my problem, AOs see through this.
This discussion has been closed.