right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Never taken physics but subject test is required

georgiabbygeorgiabby 0 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
I have never taken physics in high school (I wanted to, but my mom would let me as she thought it would be too difficult for me), but the schools I am applying to require me to take a physics or chemistry sat subject test. What should I do?
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Never taken physics but subject test is required

• cypresspatcypresspat 151 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 156 Junior Member
    Are you a rising senior? I have read of other students on this site who have self-studied for these tests. It seems you would need to find a self-study course (online, I would assume) and get that completed this summer before the next school year starts and take the test this Fall.
    Very few schools actually REQUIRE those tests (but certainly they are expected at the most selective colleges). What is your intended major? Perhaps we could help you think of ways to achieve your goals without requiring one of those tests?
    [PS. You can achieve anything you want to if you put your mind to it!]
    · Reply · Share
  • Houston1021Houston1021 1043 replies12 discussionsForum Champion Rice Posts: 1,055 Forum Champion
    Did you take Chemistry? If so, take that one.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 6146 replies35 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,181 Senior Member
    Take the chem subject test and then as noted, you need to take HS physics before you graduate. Even less competitive engineering programs will expect a year of physics.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 6345 replies48 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,393 Senior Member
    What schools / programs are you applying to? What is drawing you to a program for which you don't meet the pre-reqs? Not very many schools require a specific subject test: even CalTech only requires one of bio, chem or physics, and most of the Engineering schools that I am familiar with don't require one.
    · Reply · Share
  • Eeyore123Eeyore123 1228 replies16 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,244 Senior Member
    If physics is too hard for you in high school, how do you plan on completing a college program that is looking for it as an entry requirement?
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 76468 replies665 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 77,133 Senior Member
    Physics in college will be more difficult if you have not had physics in high school.
    · Reply · Share