right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

When to take SAT

helpmetocollegehelpmetocollege 5 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10 New Member
I've heard some SAT dates have consistent higher curves than other testing dates. Like I have heard that the June SAT is one of the worst curves. I was planning to take the SAT this November or December. Is there a better date between the two dates? Is one curve higher than the other test's curve?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: When to take SAT

• RichInPittRichInPitt 556 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 564 Member
    edited July 12
    Please ignore discussion of "curves" in terms of selecting a test date. (Actually, ignore it completely).

If you have the ability to score a 700, then you will score a 700. One test may be harder than normal, and you get 8 questions wrong, and that equates to a 700. Another test may be easier, and you may only get 4 questions wrong, and that equates to a 700. Scores are based on a statistical distribution and your comparison to others taking the same test. It's not based on an absolute fixed scale of the number of problems correct/wrong.

Folks who complain about this seem to have a concept that they will get the same number of questions wrong, regardless of how hard the test is, so their score varies with the "curve". This makes no sense.
    edited July 12
    · Reply · Share
  • 12Vvnji12Vvnji 15 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    I don't know anything about the curves and whether or not they're different but I took one in November and it was fairly easy. Don't take the one in October because I heard those ones are usually harder.
    · Reply · Share