right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

AP score vs grade

kevinchangkevinchang 2 replies10 postsRegistered User New Member
If I get a 1 or 2 on my AP test but I still got a A in the class, can my school change my grade in that class because of my test score?
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: AP score vs grade

• Groundwork2022Groundwork2022 1949 replies26 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Generally they won't change your grade. However, that kind of grade/score mismatch implies grade inflation. I would not submit that test score to colleges.
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 38465 replies6724 postsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    can my school change my grade in that class because of my test score?
    Can they? Sure. A school can do whatever it wants assuming this grading strategy was communicated in advance. Will they? Highly unlikely considering AP scores come out in July after the academic year has closed.
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 77132 replies672 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    A in AP class with 1 on AP test suggests a very low quality AP class.
    · Reply · Share
  • ProfessorPlum168ProfessorPlum168 3848 replies84 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    do note that some schools do the opposite, where if you get a lower grade and you get a 5, a grade bump can happen if requested, but yes it is stated in advance on the syllabus. My kid was the beneficiary of such good fortune, had his first semester B+ changed to an A- after getting a 5 in AP Chem.
    · Reply · Share
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse 28769 replies56 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I have never known of such a situation. The only time I could remotely even imagine a school doing this is if the AP exam is set up as the final exam for the course and it is so explained in the course information.
    · Reply · Share
  • Erin's DadErin's Dad 33014 replies3712 postsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    To really find out what YOUR school will do you need to ask them instead of people on the internet who are in different school systems.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 667 replies8 postsRegistered User Member
    Are you talking abour retroactively changing a grade on a final grade report that already has been issued? I find that highly, extremely, unlikely.

But as noted, only your school can tell you.
    · Reply · Share