right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

I've attended 2 colleges and plan on transferring again. What do I put as my GPA?

TransferGuy08TransferGuy08 4 replies4 postsRegistered User New Member
edited July 15 in Transfer Students
Hi, so I have attended Iowa State University and transferred to my local community college and I am going to transfer again. However, I am not sure what I would put as my GPA on college applications since I have attended 2 schools. My community college GPA is significantly better than my Iowa State GPA (3.7 vs 2.9), so I'm not sure if I would just need to average them out, or just put one or the other. Please help.
edited July 15
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I've attended 2 colleges and plan on transferring again. What do I put as my GPA?

• Groundwork2022Groundwork2022 1935 replies26 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Put both. Colleges know how to figure these things out. You must send both prior transcripts anyway.
    · Reply · Share
  • GB2020GB2020 2 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
    I would also list both and all classes you’ve taken at all colleges. By the time I received my BS degree I was on my 4th college. When applying to the last college, I gave them all the relevant information and they created their own transcript, converted all my prior classes to their comparable classes and calculated a GPA for me to finish my degree. This was many years ago mind you, so may not be as relevant today.
    · Reply · Share