right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

I’m scared I won’t get into a Florida school

sneakywizard550sneakywizard550 0 replies1 threads New Member
I live in Virginia but have residency in Florida. I am applying to UF, UCF, and FSU. I got a 1230 Sat and I have a 3.68 weighted GPA. This went down from last year. I’m really worried that I won’t get into any of these schools. Can any one provide some insight on how difficult these universities are to get into.
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I’m scared I won’t get into a Florida school

• privatebankerprivatebanker 6936 replies171 threads Senior Member
    You’ll be fine for UCF and a maybe for FSU and probably not for UF.
    · Reply · Share
  • supernovacoachsupernovacoach 103 replies2 threads Junior Member
    The best thing you can do to improve your chances is to write a bomb essay. One that will put tears into people's eyes or make their jaws drop. UCF is a slam dunk but you need that extra edge to compete for the big Florida schools. Have you considered how you are going to write your essays?
    · Reply · Share
  • rickle1rickle1 2671 replies22 threads Senior Member
    @privatebanker has it right. The good news is everyone I know loves it at all three so you'll be fine. UCF is actually gaining a lot of traction down here. Love the way the campus is laid out compared to UF. Big but manageable.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity