right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Application Plan

nickthekidnickthekid 119 replies47 postsRegistered User Junior Member
How does this application plan sound?
- Finalize college list by August 1st.
- Finalize Main Common App Essay, enter personal/background info by end of August.
- Complete all EA applications (about 7 or 8) in September and October
- Complete all RD applications (about 7 or 8) in November and December
8 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Application Plan

• MuggleMomMuggleMom 504 replies6 postsRegistered User Member
    For the most part that sounds fine... except... quite a few schools have application deadlines for merit money and scholarship applications. Some of them are between November 1 and December 15. I would suggest a very careful review of these dates for your schools once you make your list. It may change your schedule a bit.
    · Reply · Share
  • nickthekidnickthekid 119 replies47 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Good catch, and I am looking at some scholarships that have some early deadlines, so thank you. I think this would still work out as I could get started on some of these applications in August too, giving me 2-3 months to work on say 9 or 10 instead. Sounds good?
    · Reply · Share
  • supernovacoachsupernovacoach 103 replies2 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    It all sounds good if you follow through bro. But from experience, most people put everything off until Thanksgiving break
    · Reply · Share
  • nickthekidnickthekid 119 replies47 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Trust me I want to get this over with so I have the second half of senior year to enjoy and focus on academics, extracurriculars, and sports.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 6624 replies40 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Get as much done as you can before school starts and you get slammed with work.
    · Reply · Share
  • twogirlstwogirls 7149 replies7 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Agree- do as much as possible before school starts and pay attention to merit deadlines. Fill out the Fafsa and profile when they are available.
    · Reply · Share
  • tgl2023tgl2023 46 replies1 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    If you are applying for FA, some schools require their own FA forms in addition to FAFSA.
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 77140 replies672 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    You should move "early deadline for merit scholarships" and rolling admission schools into the EA group for your application schedule.
    · Reply · Share