right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Third year of Spanish after Junior year

TheGreatGatsby7TheGreatGatsby7 0 replies1 postsRegistered User New Member
Hello,
I am currently a Junior in high school, and I have only finished my second year of Spanish in my sophomore year. I decided not to take the third year of spanish this year due to schedule conflicts. However, I am planning to take spanish 3 at local community college the summer after Junior year, so I can take the fourth year of spanish during my senior year.
My question is whether colleges look at me as a applicant with a fourth year of FL or a applicant with a third year of FL who will be taking the fourth year.
I think it depends on how colleges look at my senior schedule (1st or 2nd semester) during the time I will be applying.
Will they think of me as a student with fourth year of FL or just a student with a third year because I "have finished" only the third year?

(I think I will be applying for majors closely related to STEM)
Thank you
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Third year of Spanish after Junior year

• skieuropeskieurope 38451 replies6720 postsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    They will look at you as someone who will have completed 4th year. Colleges do not expect coursework to be completed by the time of application - just by time of enrollment.
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 77098 replies671 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Hello,
    I am currently a Junior in high school, and I have only finished my second year of Spanish in my sophomore year. I decided not to take the third year of spanish this year due to schedule conflicts. However, I am planning to take spanish 3 at local community college the summer after Junior year, so I can take the fourth year of spanish during my senior year.

Make sure that your high school's Spanish year 2 is sufficient preparation for the community college's Spanish 3, and you may want to keep practicing Spanish during the year (e.g. by reading https://news.google.com/?hl=es-419&gl=US&ceid=US:es-419 and talking in Spanish to any classmates who speak Spanish) so that you do not forget.
    · Reply · Share