right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Ways to show demonstrated interest?

Racingfan53Racingfan53 157 replies8 threads Junior Member
I hear all the time about "demonstrated interest" and how important it is to top schools. My top choice is USC and I have heard that demonstrated interest is important to them too, so I care about doing what I can to up my admission chances.

My question is, how do I show demonstrated interest? I've seen advice to visit campus and local events, only problem is I have lots of family responsibilities and a very full schedule, so I have to pick how I fill my days very carefully. I will try to get to Discover USC but I doubt I'll make it (I'm in the area; it would be totally out of the question if I weren't.) I've already filled out the request information form, I contacted a person in the music department (intended college) about audition dates which weren't on the website. I open their emails. I do not at this point have any questions for my AO and I don't want to bug them with an unnecessary email that just says hi I'm interested in USC. Any recommendations?
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Ways to show demonstrated interest?

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity