right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Chances of getting into USC?

honeymaidyumhoneymaidyum 1 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
Hi all!
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what my chances of getting into the University of Southern California? I want to get into the business school but I'm open to other (preferably easier to get into) schools. I'm a rising caucasian female senior from Seattle.
SAT-1300
GPA-3.92
AP Classes taken-AP Human Geography, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Language and Composition
Honors Classes taken-Geometry Honors, Algebra 2 Honors, Pre Calc Honors
AP Classes I'm taking senior year-AP American Gov, AP Calc AB
Extracurriculars- Editor in Chief of Yearbook, Varsity/JV Lacrosse Player Freshman-Senior year, Varsity/JV Golf Junior and Senior year, JV Swim Freshman and Sophomore year, DECA - State competitor Junior year, Link Crew Junior and Senior year, Book Club Secretary Sophomore-Senior Year, Founder and Treasurer of Bullet Journal Club Senior and Junior Year.
Thanks in advance!
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chances of getting into USC?

• coolguy40coolguy40 2086 replies2 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    The SAT score isn't going to help your admission chances. Before you get too far, can you afford to pay for the school? In order for a school to be affordable, the student loan debt should be no more than 30k after graduation.
    · Reply · Share
  • UCBUSCalumUCBUSCalum 1040 replies4 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Like the previously poster says, your SAT score will make it difficult to get admitted to USC. I assume your GPA of 3.92 is unweighted (with AP classes and a rigorous course workload), which is in the USC range.
    Like the previously poster mentioned, costs should be a factor and whether you can afford it or it (about $75K per year for tuition, fees and cost of living (including tuition of about $58K). If your stats were Ivy League or Stanford type stats, there is a good chance you can get a full ride or a significant merit award. USC likes to attract that type of high achievers and there are many of those on the campus. S goes there with no merit despite currently an almost perfect GPA at USC.
    You might want to also consider your in state school, UW-Seattle, which has an excellent business school and many internship opportunities. For you, being in state, it will be a lot less expensive than USC. Older S recently finished at UW's Foster and had 4 different summer internships thru the Foster School. He is now working for a Big 4 Accounting Firm pursuing a CPA license.
    · Reply · Share