right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Am I on the right track?

CkaoapCkaoap 4 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
Hi,
I’m currently a freshman and I want to ask you guys if I’m on the right track to getting into a good college. Here are the classes I’m taking this year, my achievements, and my awards

CLASSES:
AP Calc AB
AP Calc BC
AP CS A

Awards/Achievements:
- 2 time AIME participant
- USAJMO qualifier
- USAMTS honorable mention
- USAPhO qualifier
- MATHCOUNTS Nationals top 50
- Science Bowl Nationals Participant
- Quizbowl Nationals top 10
- 5th place at State Tournament for Table Tennis
- USACO silver
8 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Am I on the right track?

• cptofthehousecptofthehouse 29411 replies58 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Are you in a highschool? Are you homeschooled or taking on line courses?
    · Reply · Share
  • CkaoapCkaoap 4 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    edited September 15
    Are you in a highschool? Are you homeschooled or taking on line courses?
    I’m a freshman and I’m going to a high school
    edited September 15
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 7242 replies56 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Plan on taking 4 years of english, 4 years of math, 4 years of science (bio, chem, physics, and then at least one of those being AP), 4 years of FL, and 4 years of history.

· Reply · Share
    Plan on taking 4 years of english, 4 years of math, 4 years of science (bio, chem, physics, and then at least one of those being AP), 4 years of FL, and 4 years of history.

What is FL? In Sophmore year I’m planning to double in science and take AP Physics C and AP Bio. Next year I’m also planning to do AP Euro and Honors English. For Math I’m going to be taking Linear Algebra at a local university. Would this be fine? I’m trying to make top 10 schools in Computer Science.

· Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 7242 replies56 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    FL = Foreign Language

There is no need to double up on science as a sophomore!
    · Reply · Share
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse 29411 replies58 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Most selective colleges, even for their computer sciences, like to have students who take the core courses all 4 years.

Your freshman schedule should have English, Science, History, Foreign Language as well your math. All at the most rigorous level possible at your school.

I am surprised that your school permits you to take such a lop sided schedule.
    · Reply · Share
    edited September 15
    Most selective colleges, even for their computer sciences, like to have students who take the core courses all 4 years.

Your freshman schedule should have English, Science, History, Foreign Language as well your math. All at the most rigorous level possible at your school.

I am surprised that your school permits you to take such a lop sided schedule.

I was talking about the most rigorous of my courses oops :-| here is my whole list of courses:

COURSES:
    AP Calc AB
    AP Calc BC
    AP CS A
    Honors English
    Honors Civics
    Spanish 2
    Honors Chem
    Gym
    Drawing 1
    Drawing 2
    edited September 15