right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Courses taken during high school at my college

TimTransformerTimTransformer 2 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
So I am a transfer student with a GPA upon transferring of 3.8
My GPA would be higher if I exclude the two courses that I took while I was in high school at my college. I have a question, Do I have to include these two courses on my application for UC's or CSU's for transferring? Or will it be overlooked by the admissions committee?
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Courses taken during high school at my college

• ucbalumnusucbalumnus 78232 replies690 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited September 20
    They expect all college courses and grades to be reported, including those taken while in high school.
    edited September 20
    · Reply · Share
  • TimTransformerTimTransformer 2 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    If they view my application and saw that I took it in high school, will it be overlooked? Or will my application be filtered through a computer program and be disregarded?
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom 27844 replies155 threadsForum Champion UC Forum Champion
    If they are UC and/or CSU transferable, the courses and grades will remain on your permanent college transcript, however, more emphasis will be put on your current college transcript vs. the 2 college courses taken in HS.
    · Reply · Share
  • TimTransformerTimTransformer 2 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Gumbymom wrote: »
    If they are UC and/or CSU transferable, the courses and grades will remain on your permanent college transcript, however, more emphasis will be put on your current college transcript vs. the 2 college courses taken in HS.

So then if my GPA was 3.78 flat and my interest was EECS, and my GPA without one of those courses was 3.92, Would I still be considered? My goal is UCB, and I really want to get in. I have good EC's but I know the GPA is one of the heaviest factors
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom 27844 replies155 threadsForum Champion UC Forum Champion
    Your UC transferable GPA will be considered which if these courses are UC transferable will be included. That said, it will be up to UCB to decide how much the 2 HS courses will effect your chances.

For 2018, the UC transfer GPA admit range for UCB EECS was 3.88-4.00 so you are within range without the courses but can still competitive with them.

You need to have faith that UCB’s holistic review will consider that these 2 HS courses are only a smart part of the whole application.

https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/transfers-major
    · Reply · Share