right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Good or Meh Extra Credits?

RainbowSkysRainbowSkys 14 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
I'm not sure how good or bad my extra credits are. There are no official leadership positions so I'm sure that hurts me a bit:
Competitive Dancer at regional and national competitions- last 6-7 years
Teacher Assistant at my dance company
Started my own company selling and baking macarons (french dessert)
Volunteer in childcare at my church
Work experience in Junior and Senior Year
Various volunteering at my school (teacher appreciation lunch, serving lunch in cafeteria)
Honors:
National Honor Society
Endorsed Diploma (Post-Secondary Workforce Readiness)
President's Honor list (school level)
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Good or Meh Extra Credits?

• thumper1thumper1 74828 replies3279 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    You mean extra curriculars, right?

This is fine. You say you have no leadership, it wouldn’t starting your own company out you in a leadership position.
    Various volunteering at my school (teacher appreciation lunch, serving lunch in cafeteria)

These sound like one off things...I’m not sure I would include them, especially if you run out of lines on the common ap.

Also, you mention work experience in junior and senior year, is this one job? I’d state what it was.
    · Reply · Share
  • RainbowSkysRainbowSkys 14 replies5 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Here is a full list with descriptions. I removed some names for privacy reasons.

1. Student at ---- Dance Center
    I participate in multiple regional and national dance competitions receiving various awards individually and with a team.
    2. Assistant Teacher at ---- Dance Center
    I am an assistant and substitute dance teacher for energetic and enthusiastic kids ages 6-12 in multiple styles of dance.
    3. Volunteer Childcare Assistant at ---- Church
    I volunteer to watch children ages 0-5 during church services helping, with activities such as snacks, crafts, and stories.
    4. Owner and Baker of ---- Macarons
    I established my own start-up business, baking and selling macarons at local farmers markets, weddings, and other events.
    5. Employee at RMCF
    I am employed at RMCF serving customers, creating and selling product, and maintaining a clean work environment.
    6. Bookkeeper at ---- and Associates
    I aid my mom during busy tax seasons with bookkeeping work and filing for multiple clients
    7. Baking for Teacher Appreciation Lunches
    I bake and donate desserts to the monthly teacher appreciation lunches at my school.
    8. Volunteer Cafeteria Server at ----
    I volunteered to serve lunch to students at my high school weekly and was able to connect with the fellow volunteers and students.
    · Reply · Share