right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

"Wow" facor

yourbebeyourbebe 0 replies1 threads New Member
Guys, hi, I'm an international student, and I'm currently applying to universities. I have "wow" factor - I've created a website about physics (There are acrticles about kinematics, dynamics, and so on). The problem is I don't know where I should mention this website. Do I have to write about it in my personal essay or do I have to write it in some section on Common Application?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: "Wow" facor

• skieuropeskieurope 39595 replies7185 threads Super Moderator
    edited October 13
    I have "wow" factor
    Alex, I'll take "Inflated Sense of Self-Importance" for $1000, please.
    I've created a website about physics
    Not to burst your bubble, but this is far from a wow factor. Many students approach applications with a certain degree of hubris, but unless you're of the Malala category, little will impress AOs.
    Do I have to write about it in my personal essay or do I have to write it in some section on Common Application?
    Write about it where it makes sense given the prompt.
    edited October 13
    Post edited by skieurope on
    · Reply · Share
  • jpm50jpm50 1246 replies25 threads Senior Member
    Hi @yourbebe:
    Can you explain what the "wow" factor is?

It wouldn't be the website. It also wouldn't be the content if that content has already been published anywhere else.

I get it that you feel "wow'd" by the website. But exactly what is it that will "wow" the adcoms who are reviewing your application?
    · Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 34509 replies383 threads Senior Member
    Lots and lots of kids do something with the web. Not a tip. Nor is number of followers.
    · Reply · Share