right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Stats for Barnard/Wellesley/Amherst/Swarthmore/NYU/CUNY Macaulay?

coconutyh4coconutyh4 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited October 19 in College Admissions
I'm an international student and a junior living in the US, and I am thinking of applying to the colleges listed above. If you are going to apply/have applied or a current student, please let me know about your stats (like SAT/ACT scores, GPAs, ECs etc).
It will be very helpful to get a sense of what the stats for applicants to these schools are like! Thank you!
edited October 19
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Stats for Barnard/Wellesley/Amherst/Swarthmore/NYU/CUNY Macaulay?

• Techno13Techno13 224 replies8 threads Junior Member
    check out the common data set for schools you are interested in. More statically significant then getting a few responses here.
    · Reply · Share
  • MWolfMWolf 1697 replies10 threads Senior Member
    Look up the Common Data Sets for each college. Google "<college name> Common Data Sets", and look at the data for the past three years. As for ECs, there are no particular ECs that are "good" for any specific college. Browse here, look at the stats of accepted students for each of these colleges, and get a feel for what type of ECs are generally "good". That means "type", not the specific ECs.
    · Reply · Share
  • SJ2727SJ2727 1953 replies6 threads Senior Member
    What visa are you on?
    · Reply · Share
  • tchit87tchit87 105 replies19 threads Junior Member
    Just from what I know, Amherst and Swarthmore would need 1520+ and amazing EC's with acceptance rates in the single digits. Barnard, Wellesly, and NYU would need scores around 1400-1500, but also great EC's especially for NYU, which now has a 16% acceptance rate. Have no clue about CUNY
    · Reply · Share
  • deacxxdeacxx 20 replies6 threads Junior Member
    A friend of mine had a 4.33 weighted GPA and a 28 ACT. accepted to Wellesley, waitlisted at NYU
    · Reply · Share
  • SJ2727SJ2727 1953 replies6 threads Senior Member
    edited October 21
    OP states she is international. That makes admission harder everywhere. Hence the (unanswered) question about visa type.
    edited October 21
    · Reply · Share
  • Pop2024Pop2024 14 replies2 threads Junior Member
    D is applying ED1 to Wellesley with SAT 1440, Math II 790, APs English, Macro, Micro 4 Maths AB 5. Decent ECs and LORs. International from India. super nervous times to say the least.
    · Reply · Share