right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Reapply for college

psstaysunknownpsstaysunknown 0 replies1 threads New Member
During the beginning of my senior year of high school, I applied for colleges and wanted to major in interior design. I got accepted to many colleges and was really excited. By the end of my senior year, I wasn’t so sure about the major I wanted to study or if I even wanted to go to college right away. I decided that I wanted to take some time off and emailed the colleges I got accepted that I wasn’t going. Now that it’s November, I officially know what I want to major in, and I want to go to college in January, but I don’t even know where to start. I know the school that I want to go to, but I feel like I need to know step by step. I feel so dumb for asking, but how do I apply again? Do I start all over or just apply for that school?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Reapply for college

• college_querycollege_query 4350 replies326 threads Senior Member
    First, make sure the school you want to attend allows students to begin in January, since not all do, Next, make sure that it's not too late to apply for admission for starting in January. If you previously applied and sent your test scores and final HS transcript, they may still have the test scores and transcript on record and you might not have to send them again, but check to make sure. If you have not already sent those items, they will likely need to be submitted.

Do you need any financial aid? (Pell, or loans) or does the school offer any scholarships you might qualify for? Did you already fill out a FAFSA for aid year 2019-20 and send it to the school you wish to attend? If you need financial aid, check the school's financial aid website for any deadlines and what steps are required.

Will you need housing in order to attend this school? If so, check with their residential living office to find out the process for applying. If they have no dorm availability, they might have a list of off-campus housing possibilities.

You ask if you need to start all over again, or just apply for the one school. Is the one you want to attend "selective" - or is being admitted a sure thing? Were you admitted previously?
    · Reply · Share