right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Realized mistake on CommonApp, but submitted 11 applications already...

reallypanickedreallypanicked 63 replies31 threads Junior Member
edited December 2019 in College Admissions
Hey guys,

So I was about to submit my app for another school when I realized I made a mistake. In my activities list on the CommonApp, I wrote that I worked as a research assistant for 35 hours/week for 9 weeks during the school YEAR. In reality, I worked as the research assistant during the school BREAK.

My only saving grace is that for my position title I wrote I was a Summer Research Assistant, so hopefully they'll realize I accidentally selected school year instead of school break. Otherwise, timing for my other ECs don't line up.

Should I email each college letting them know of the mistake, or should I hope they understand/realize I accidentally selected school year?

EDIT: Just realized for one of my ECs, I also listed that I participated in it during the School Year and All Year, when in reality I only meant during the School Year. Will this pose to be an issue? I participated only 2hr/week for 9 weeks out of the year.
edited December 2019
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Realized mistake on CommonApp, but submitted 11 applications already...