right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Naviance question

curiousme2curiousme2 106 replies5 threads Junior Member
Looking at Naviance scattergrams, are the plotted GPA's from the end of senior year or the end of junior year? Meaning, is it the GPA the students had at the time of their admission, or GPA upon high school graduation?

4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Naviance question

• evergreen5evergreen5 1608 replies33 threads Senior Member
    Our Naviance says that they are 6-semester GPAs, i.e. end of junior year, but I think that might be inaccurate. My older kid's little blue guy sits at the spot of the end of senior year GPA, with no green checkmark at the spot of the end of junior year GPA.
    · Reply · Share
  • curiousme2curiousme2 106 replies5 threads Junior Member
    Thank you, @evergreen5 . Our's says 6-semester as well, but I suspected that was incorrect based on the highest reported GPA. Your anecdotal experience confirms my suspicion.
    · Reply · Share
  • TheBigChefTheBigChef 642 replies5 threads Member
    At our HS, the plotted GPA's are the final senior year GPA's - meaning the GPA's at the time of graduation.
    · Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 1619 replies25 threads Senior Member
    I looked up my D’s and it has grades after the 3rd of 4 grading periods Senior year, which is what they put on transcripts as the official final GPA.

So graduation GPA, not midway through Sr. year.

I suspect that every school has the option to put the data that they choose.
    · Reply · Share