right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Will 3 Cs on my transcript badly hurt my chances to OSU, Purdue, Indiana or other schools?

TheAverageNerdTheAverageNerd 16 replies18 threads Junior Member
Hey guys, I was just wondering if I could get some advice about my grades and chances real quick.

Does anybody know how badly 3 Cs on my transcript will hurt my chances to Purdue, Indiana, or Ohio State? I try my hardest in school, however, I am bad at math and English, so I ended up with a 74 in English Honors last year, 71 in Algebra last year, and this year in Chemistry (sophomore year), I cannot expect to get above a 75 final grade because I struggle too much. I take no honors or AP classes this year. However, I am scheduled to take about 2 AP classes next year, and exceed in other regular, (non-honors or AP) classes. As of now, I have about a 3.3 GPA. Would these 3 Cs damage my admissions to these schools that much even if still I earn about a 3.6 or 3.8 GPA by the time I start applying? (3.6 is the average GPA for Purdue and Indiana). What can I do to make up for the Cs on my transcript in order to get into these 3 schools? Especially Ohio State.

P.S. I want to double major in aviation and business. I also take two business classes this year and got As in them.

If there is anyone who could give me some advice to increase my chances and make up for the Cs, that would be great. Thanks everyone.
18 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Will 3 Cs on my transcript badly hurt my chances to OSU, Purdue, Indiana or other schools?