right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Schools are not offering in-person tours because of COVID-19, but many offer virtual tours. Check out our directory of virtual campus tours we know about right now.
Many schools have delayed their deadlines for enrollment due to COVID-19. Check out our exclusive directory of extended deadlines we know about right now.
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!

I got a D First Semester of Senior Year

jsung1jsung1 1 replies1 threads New Member
I got a D+ my first semester of my senior year in my AP gov/econ class. I got accepted to Cal State Long Beach but i’m worried that my admission will be rescinded. I am retaking a semester of government to make up for it. Will my admission get rescinded?
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I got a D First Semester of Senior Year

• HKimPOSSIBLEHKimPOSSIBLE 540 replies28 threads Member
    Is it possible to get it up to at least a C-? Usually, it's no D's, F's, and/or felonies.

I would speak with your counselor, and probably (after speaking with your counselor), let the college know - surprises are not taken well.
    · Reply · Share
  • jsung1jsung1 1 replies1 threads New Member
    I am already in my second semester so I can’t change that first semester grade :/ My counselor just advised me to retake that class to make up for the first semester. I am also not sure how to contact the schools because I can’t seem to find the email for freshman admissions/grade reports.
    · Reply · Share
  • izrk02izrk02 734 replies27 threads Member
    It'll show up in your midyear report and final report. CSUs and UCs are notorious for rescinding admission for anything less than a C. You'll most likely get rescinded.
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 29855 replies324 threads Forum Champion
    Showing CSULB that you are retaking the class will definitely help. You should contact CSULB admissions sooner than later.

Telephone Numbers

Admissions, Registration and Records
    (562) 985-5471

(Includes: Admission, Credit Evaluation, Registration, Residency, Records and Graduation.
    · Reply · Share