right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Has anyone received their admissions letter from CalArts yet?

ghostlyHardriveghostlyHardrive 3 replies1 threads New Member
I’m definitely being impatient, but I wanted to know if anyone has received their letter yet. I also wanted to ask if applying by their preferred deadline (December 1st) makes any difference on when you receive your decision?
34 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Has anyone received their admissions letter from CalArts yet?

• ghostlyHardriveghostlyHardrive 3 replies1 threads New Member
    UPDATE: I got my acceptance letter today! :D
    · Reply · Share
  • username231username231 11 replies0 threads New Member
    Congrats! Was this for Acting? Also, does the decision come through the applicant status portal or through VIP Page? Thank you! Again, CONGRATS!
    · Reply · Share
    No I applied for the Film/Video BFA, and I've heard a lot of Experimental Animation decisions came out today as well. I think they must be doing the Film department right now? but idk. Yes the decisions come through the application portal! They'll email you an "application update", just follow the link they send you and go to your application. then you can view your decision! GOOD LUCK!!! Wishing you the best :)
    · Reply · Share
  • ArtmommaArtmomma 11 replies2 threads New Member
    applied for that and nowid you hear anything about character animation yet? My D has not heard yet.
    · Reply · Share
    Sorry- my computer glitched- has anyone heard from character animation department yet? My D is waiting on her letter..
    · Reply · Share
    have not heard about any character animation admissions yet! i'll make sure to let you know if I hear anything
    · Reply · Share
  • delvirdelvir 15 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Has anyone heard from BFA-Acting admissions?
    · Reply · Share
  • animate2002animate2002 30 replies5 threads Junior Member
    I'm experimental animation and haven't gotten a decision yet - maybe they are rolling out in waves.
    · Reply · Share
  • MkrabillMkrabill 3 replies0 threads New Member
    We are waiting to hear for BFA Acting still.
    · Reply · Share
    Still waiting- do you know if their acceptance and rejections come at the same time?
    · Reply · Share
  • ketchupsupremeketchupsupreme 11 replies0 threads New Member
    I emailed the admissions office and this is what they said

“Thank you for reaching out to us. The notification period for the admission decision will be approximately March 1 through early April for students that applied by the regular deadline. There may be cases, however, where the decision will come earlier or take longer. We send decision letters out at different times, depending on each program’s review schedule and when required materials for the student’s file are received. There is no significance attached to receiving your notification earlier or later than other students that have applied.”
    · Reply · Share
    Good to know, thanks @ketchupsupreme !
    · Reply · Share
  • WonderfulJourneyWonderfulJourney 55 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Still waiting for BFA Acting as well!
    · Reply · Share
  • ketchupsupremeketchupsupreme 11 replies0 threads New Member
    still waiting for BFA film & video
    · Reply · Share
    Anyone hear from CalArts BFA Acting?
    · Reply · Share
  • username231username231 11 replies0 threads New Member
    We're still waiting on BFA Acting
    · Reply · Share
    Still haven’t heard about BFA acting decision. Is this normal? I know some have already received acceptance letters for acting.
    · Reply · Share
  • 2020applicantBFA2020applicantBFA 6 replies0 threads New Member
    They are taking forever! I’m losing interest in them being iv’e already gotten in a few programs
    · Reply · Share
  • 2020applicantBFA2020applicantBFA 6 replies0 threads New Member
    The website says through April 1st so that means we should know about BFA acting we’d this coming Wednesday
    · Reply · Share
    I got my decision for animation at about 9:30 pm ET last night (denial). They did not send an email, I logged into the portal and it was there. I had logged in at around 9:15 previously and nothing was there, so I'm certain the notification popped up somewhere in that timeframe, FYI.
    · Reply · Share