right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

NYU tisch average gpa??

xxthrowawayxxxxthrowawayxx 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited March 25 in New York University
i'm a sophomore in high school and it's currently the end of my first semester and my gpa is literal ass cheeks..my school doesn't offer APs and it's kind of a ball-busting private all girls school, i know this is no excuse buuuuut my GPA ended up being a 3.34 (cue gasp from everyone on here with a. 4.567388763 gpa...... yes, yes, i know i seem like a moron) because i'm godawful at math and chem and get test-taking anxiety in every single STEM related class. i'm aware this is no excuse but still! i understand it's only first semester soph year, but my GPA from freshman year is hardly better, it's like a 3.5 i think, but you have to excuse me cause i had some mental health stuff going on last year, i mean i should've been in the looney bin, it was an awful sight. anyway, i have some good ecs i guess and i'm not so bad at writing but maybe that's just me being kinda delusional!! anyway i want to be realistic here, i'm not sure how much i can get my gpa up by the time i apply to colleges.... maybe to a 3.6, 3.7 if i really try..... but maaaaaaaaaan i don't know... so about tisch, do you guys know what the average uw gpa is for tisch? i understand test scores and ecs also play a role, but y'know
edited March 25
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: NYU tisch average gpa??

• bonehilda.abonehilda.a 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Hey! So I think Tisch is actually more lenient than the other schools at nyu. They are the only school at NYU to offer a test-optional application which means that they allow you to submit your application without a standardized testing score (sat, act, etc.) I was accepted to Tisch Film 2024 without an sat. My gpa was a 3.78 weighted. However, I’ve seen people be accepted with lower gpas. Again, in my opinion I feel like they are more focused on you as a person than your grades. This can be seen through your essays when submitting your application and portfolio! :)
    · Reply · Share