right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Waitlist 2024 - Are Colleges going to waitlist early?

Luckyjade2024Luckyjade2024 669 replies9 threads Member
edited April 20 in College Admissions
Seems like a few colleges have already gone to waitlist instead of waiting until 5/1 deposits.

Is there anyone that has gotten accepted off the waitlist, and if so which school?
edited April 20
65 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
Tagged:
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Waitlist 2024 - Are Colleges going to waitlist early?

• Luckyjade2024Luckyjade2024 669 replies9 threads Member
    FYI..Lehigh started accepting from waitlist
    · Reply · Share
    FYI...also Yale and U Chicago
    · Reply · Share
  • Mwfan1921Mwfan1921 5367 replies91 threads Senior Member
    Some colleges just have a history of going to the waitlist before the deadline....like U Chicago and Lehigh. Don't know about Yale.

Clearly this year will be outside the norm, but going to the waitlist before the deposit deadline is going to be a college by college decision based on:

-How deposits are looking up until that particular point in time (most track that in a detailed matter, with prior year(s) comparisons), and what their final deposit date is

-Whether or not the school expected yield issues due to covid-19 by the time RD decisions were made, and admitted a higher number of students (or not) to try and address that

-Proportion of international students offered admission

-Proportion of current students that expected to study abroad in the fall

-....probably some things I have missed!

It will be interesting to see how this thread develops.
    · Reply · Share
    yes, I'm sure colleges will take a hit on all those fronts. I'm sure they have larger waitlists this year as well.
    · Reply · Share
  • NJdad07090NJdad07090 613 replies8 threads Member
    Some schools like Ohio State accepted way more kids than in past years thinking they would take a hit w less international kids so they may not hit the waitlist, it seems most public state schools are counting on kids staying closer to home so they may not take many off waitlist bc they will see a better yield.
    · Reply · Share
  • isabel72isabel72 36 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I heard that Dartmouth has started pulling from waitlist
    · Reply · Share
  • BoyandgirlmomBoyandgirlmom 20 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Seems like A TON of waitlisted kids in CA schools, so maybe they will. Seems like it will.
    · Reply · Share
    I know Tufts is usually not known for going to WL...wondering if this year will be different.
    · Reply · Share
  • waitinginfaithwaitinginfaith 21 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hello! Happy Easter to you all!
    Does anyone think Tulane will follow in the trend of accepting students from the waitlist early?
    · Reply · Share
  • Groundwork2022Groundwork2022 3445 replies78 threads Senior Member
    With so many colleges extending their deposit date to June 1, I wouldn't be surprised to see colleges pull from their waitlist later than usual. It could go either way, really.
    · Reply · Share
    that's what I originally thought, but I am hearing so many are going to it early. I guess more students than usual declining their offer.
    · Reply · Share
    Rochester, Lehigh and Yale have gone to WL already
    · Reply · Share
  • kook2323kook2323 98 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited April 15
    Is Stanford going to send waitlist decisions early too? Also is UCLA going to send appeal decisions early too?
    edited April 15
    · Reply · Share
    I saw on reddit that someone got off the waitlist for UCSB
    · Reply · Share
    Tufts sent out a waitlist email yesterday
    · Reply · Share
  • NYC2018nycNYC2018nyc 373 replies16 threads Member
    U Miami (Florida) already went to their waitlist as well.
    · Reply · Share
  • ktimmybktimmyb 5 replies0 threads New Member
    edited April 18
    Anyone hear from waitlist Lafayette and Lehigh for 2024
    edited April 18
    · Reply · Share
    A few on the Lehigh boards got called off the waitlist
    · Reply · Share
    is ucla going to accept appeals early too then? because, if they're sending waitlists this early before the May 1st deadline, they should probably be sending out appeal decisions early too then right?
    · Reply · Share
  • gratefulmamagratefulmama 387 replies11 threads Member
    @kook2323 - Where have you seen UCLA accepting off the waitlist already? News to me.
    · Reply · Share