right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Accept U

snsh17snsh17 16 replies7 threads Junior Member
edited April 6 in College Admissions
I was wondering if anyone on this forum has had any experience dealing with Accept U. It is headed by Marc Zawel and a partner. The company deals with college counseling for students through an online platform. It seems like a very large streamlined business and isn't cheap for 10 applications. A bit pushy about wanting to sign you up and not showing you the contract beforehand. All the counselors are not clearly listed on their platform so it is hard to gauge when you sign up, how effective will be the one assigned to your family and whether it will be a good fit. It's possible that it may be a legitimate and well-run organization. I would appreciate any information or feedback. Thank you.
edited April 6
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Accept U

• happymomof1happymomof1 30768 replies197 threads Senior Member
    edited April 6
    The standard advice here is that you can probably get equivalent advice here for free provided you are willing to put in the time.

Why do you think you need a professional service?
    What else could you use that much money for?
    edited April 6
    · Reply · Share
  • Bound4college21Bound4college21 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I would Not recommend them. My experience with them Hasn’t been very good. The sales/marketing person is pushy, promises everything and agrees to everything you say you are looking for in the counselor. The founder’s background is impressive but he is just busy bringing more business. While counselor resumes are impressive, hardly any help or advise is given to the student. You are pretty much on your own. Even essay help is minimal.
    Everything they offered is available online for free. You can use a teacher’s help for essays. They do not advise on strategies, not on essay writing, nothing really. Save the $8k-$12 K and use with some one else or not.
    · Reply · Share
  • Groundwork2022Groundwork2022 3447 replies78 threads Senior Member
    OP, you raised enough red flags in your original post to give you the answer to your own question.

Save your money. Move on.
    · Reply · Share
  • LindagafLindagaf 10848 replies588 threads Super Moderator
    OP can find reviews of this company online. CC is not a business review site. Closing.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity